Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Negativity? Negative.

This is not an epiphany or striking realization or anything. This has always been a part of who I am, but that's the very same reason why it usually goes without thought. It's largely been a way of life for me and it's the reason why I have always stayed out of avoidable trouble and foolishness for the most part. I bring it up because a friend and I were talking about it recently. That is this: I do not take to negativity whatsoever! Overt outlandish negativity disgusts me, typical negativity is very unappealing and turns me off, and petty negativity gets none of my attention.

Now, I'm not some space cadet who is completely out of touch with reality. Hardships, problems, trials and tribulations, frustrations, let-downs, bad days, disputes, disagreements, gripes, coping, mourning, grieving, criticism, venting and even complaining...I get all of those things, they definitely have their place and they are not one and the same with "negativity" necessarily. We all take on our fair share of at least some of those. I even experienced a low point in my life during which time I struggled to consistently internalize (and, thus, exert) positivity for a while. However, to say that I am not drawn to negativity is a huge understatement!

I have no interest in, cannot relate to and do not want to be around unnecessarily negative things or negative people. I have little to no tolerance for glass-half-empty types who just can't ever see or always refuse to look at the bright side no matter the situation. I cannot stand gossipy foul talk about other people, as it seems like such an obsessive waste of time. When uncalled for, I think airing out overboard, hypercritical (and usually irrelevant) opinions is lame. Those who get off to negativity are just not my kind of people, and those things that get them off are not my kinds of things.

This is and always has been a part of who I am. So, to negativity, I say "negative."

No comments:

Post a Comment